Thursday, November 17, 2011

If you're a novice writer, presenter or speaker, this is a must-have book for you.




Review of Aneeta Sundararaj, “How To Tell a Great Story” Published by Bookshaker, July 2,  2011. 170 pages and Kindle
Whatever it is that you do, if you want to get your point across, tell a story. The reason is simple: stories connect, they anchor ideas and images and information in our minds like nothing else does. That is what makes a great novel, a great speech, an excellent business presentation effective is the way they link what they have to say to a compelling story. It is also what makes gossip and political attack TV ads so damaging. The power is in the story because stories make ideas come to life in ways that you and I can identify with.
If you’re a beginning speaker, presenter or sales person, then Aneeta Sundararaj’s book is one you’ll want to have as one of your valuable resources. If you’re a beginning writer, want to write articles for magazines, write short stories and/or a novel, “How To Tell as Great Story” is a must for you. I wish I’d had such a resource to consult when I started my writing career, but I didn’t. I did, however, have some excellent mentors who kept me focused on story-telling.
I give this book a clear 5 star rating
Available from amazon.com, amazon.co.ca, amazon.co.uk, amazon.co.jp and  The Book Depository (www.thebookdepository.com)

No comments: