Tuesday, December 27, 2011

An honest cop with an attitude, a young woman in trouble, the mob, the feds, a dash of romance -- a winner!



I enjoy a good detective novel, and B. A. Morton’s “Mrs. Jones” is a gem. Detective Connell is an honest cop with an attitude about authority, a smart mouth and Irish charm.  Lizzie, aka Mrs. Jones is a young British woman in New York City on a mission she doesn’t understand who witnesses a hit-and-run her first day in town. When she and Connell connect with each other and the bad guys, a bought cop and the Feds, well, the story quickly becomes one I couldn’t put down until I’d finished it. I can see that B. A. Morton is going to become one of my favorite crime writers. I do like good crime novels with mouthy detectives.
I can hardly wait for the next one in the series, Molly Brown, which is due out sometime in 2012.
A very definite 5 star read.

No comments: